- Category :
- Quality Control Manager
- Full Time
- Technical Manager
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of shipyard safety
- Strong structural fabrication background
- Proficiency in welding processes, blueprint reading (all disciplines)
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent computer skills; knowledge of Project Management Software
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and maintain systems to establish standards relating to activities and products.
• Develop WPQR’s (Welding Procedure Qualification Records) to ensure welding is in compliance with contract/specification
• Develop WPS’s (Welding Procedure Specifications) to ensure that the personnel performing the welding are qualified and competent at their craft
• Develop Hold Points specific to each build to ensure fitting, welding, machinery, electrical systems, coatings, NDT, etc. are in compliance with standards defined in the specification
2. Monitor performance of Shipyard Trades according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate, advise, and assist.
• Perform random, hold point, milestone, and acceptance inspections throughout the build at Blount and at numerous Sub Contractor facilities
• Communicate known or potential issues with Engineering, Project Managers, Trades Foreman, and Sub Contractors verbally or by email to resolve the issue in a timely manner
• Develop repair procedures when issues arise
• Assist with weld layout, prefabrication of small parts, material handling, and NDT
3. Plan and manage departmental activities.
• Schedule NDT inspections with outside vendors and assist with inspection
• Provide training and development to Blount employees
• Ensure all activities performed by QC Department fall under Blount’s Health, Safety, and Environmental Guidelines
4. Monitor and report data.
• Create and update BBI’s Quality Assurance Manual
• Maintain a Quality Assurance Log for each hull constructed
• Maintain a log of qualified welders, WPQR’s, and WPS’s
• Record and report environmental conditions and paint usage to be used for EPA Title V Documentation
• Maintain a Hull Build Milestone Log for the President & VP to review
• Provide Quality Inspection Reports to Blount Personnel and Subs throughout a build