- Category :
- Vessel Operations
- : Commensurate with experience and subject to the MSCA collective bargaining agreement plan. The Academy is not sponsoring immigration visas at this
- Full Time
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor level or above requires either a:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering OR
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a terminal degree in a related discipline OR
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline with an active State Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Significant teaching experience and/or relevant professional work and industry experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer software skills.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill the evaluation criteria of college-level teaching and advising.
- Understanding and dedication to the Academy’s unique mission.
- Any additional licenses or certifications related to marine, facilities, or energy systems engineering.
- Experience with ABET accreditation.
- Experience with assessment of student learning.
- Varsity athletic coaching experience at the college level.
- Prior military experience
Position: Full-time, Tenure Track Engineering Faculty
Posting: April 2018
Start date: September 2018 (Fall Term)
Position Number: FY18-12
Division: Academic Affairs; Engineering Department
Union Affiliation: Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA)
Supervision Received: Engineering Department Chair and Dean of Undergraduate Studies
Supervision Exercised: Subordinate professional, classified, and student personnel in areas of responsibility
- Instruction of college-level courses in a variety of engineering subjects such Computer Methods, Statics, Dynamics, Strength of Materials, Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Engineering Design, and the accompanying labs.
- Teaching and advising in a four-year college setting.