- Category :
- Shoreside Operations
- Part Time
- Entry level
· AS/BS in Geomatics, Cartography, Geography, Natural Sciences, Engineering, or other relevant discipline
· 3+ years of hydrographic survey experience utilizing current technologies
· Experience in cartography/AutoCAD preferred
· Multibeam experience preferred
· Bilingual (Spanish-English) is a plus
Skills and Special Requirements/ Licensing:
· Demonstrated commitment to safety principles and protocols
· Knowledge of all aspects of hydrographic surveying including DGPS, RTK, tides and tide zoning, cartography, sound velocity, multibeam echo sounder, single beam echo sounder operation, Sidescan collection and interpretation, and determination and application of vessel configuration offsets. Record survey measurements and descriptive data using notes, drawings, sketches, and inked tracings.
· Perform calculations to determine earth curvature corrections, atmospheric impacts or measurements, traverse closures, adjustments, and tides
· Ability to identify deviation, anomaly, and data quality issues
· Familiarity with Hypack, QINSy, Caris, and SonarWiz is preferred
· Merchant Marine Physical
· Valid driver’s license, must be legally eligible and insurable to drive
· Ability to procure a passport
· Safe Gulf
Work duties are performed in office and field environments. Hydrographic survey work requires working at sea for extended periods of time and may require living and working in close, cramped quarters. This position requires occasional heavy lifting of survey equipment. Adjusted work schedule, long days, and evening/weekend hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
Conduct hydrographic and Geophysical surveys in a team environment, verifying the accuracy of collected data, preparing data, and client deliverables.
This is a temporary hourly position with potential opportunity for direct hire.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Complete all company required HSE/Q training; actively participate in regular safety meetings
- Assist in establishing project goals and objectives
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain surveying equipment including single beam and multi-beam echo sounders, sidescan sonars, , sub bottom profilers, marine magnetometers, dual frequency GPS receivers and data collectors, USBL
- Surface and subsea positioning and navigation
- Coordinate with the team to review project plans from start to finish, identify and resolve problems, and accept responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Follow all quality control standards, review and evaluate work tasks, methods and procedures, and suggest improvements as necessary
- Collect hydrographic and geophysical data offshore
- Analyze and process data
- Follow QC/QA methods during collection and processing of field data
- Assist with mobilizing and demobilizing survey vessels in the field
- Assist with vessel operations and vessel crew duties as needed