- Category :
- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Full Time
Announcement #: 19-823-01EX
Title, Series, Grade (Code) Yeoman Storekeeper, WM-9998-15
Base Salary: $38,508 Per Annum
Type of Appointment: Excepted Service Career-Conditional
Opening Date: February 26, 2019 Closing Date March 12, 2019
Location: Military Sealift Command (MSC) Vessels Worldwide
Who May Apply: All United States citizens and current Military Sealift Command Civil Service Mariner (CIVMAR) eligible to apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). Active Duty Service Members (ADSMs) must submit a certification (i.e., statement of service) at the time of application which certifies that the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
Duties: The Yeoman Storekeeper is a Civil Service Mariner (CIVMAR) employed by the Navy to serve the Military Sealift Command (MSC) onboard naval auxiliaries and hybrid-manned warships worldwide, in peace and war. MSC exists to support the joint warfighter across the full spectrum of military operations. MSC provides on-time logistics, strategic sealift, as well as specialized missions anywhere in the world, in contested or uncontested environments.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Yeoman Storekeeper reports directly to the Supply Officer/Junior Supply Officer and is responsible for supply support functions. Responsible to the Master/CIVMAR OIC for Ships Operating Target (OPTAR) accounts on T-AH or T-ATF, and performing all Supply Department functions assigned in accordance with COMSCINST 4000.2 series, (Supply Procedures Manual). Maintains and has knowledge of Aviation Pack Up Kit (PUK) and Cargo Fuels Management accounting.
Onboard the Combat Logistics Force (CLF) ships, completes tasks in support of validating that ShipCLIP CLF module Business Continuity Plan is readily available and the Cargo Commodity Basic Material file daily saves are stored on application and database servers. Also completes tasks in support of ensuring monthly Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) inventories are being conducted.
Ensures proper material identification for both government and commercial items using management data lists, allowance lists, load lists, technical manuals, parts lists, Navy Logistics Library (NLL), Master index of APLs/AELs (MIAPL), LogiQuest, and commercial-off-the-shelf technical research systems. Conducts inventories and maintains inventory stocking levels. On T-ARS, T-AH, or T-ATF class ships, ensures that logistical support, including repair parts, tools, test equipment and technical manuals are obtained for all new or modified equipment or equipment obtained through micro purchases.
Assists Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) Coordinator with the ships HAZMAT program. As directed, receives, issues, inventories, stows, and offloads HAZMAT.
Responsible for the proper use of supply automated programs. Systems include Shipboard Configuration and Logistics Information Program 4.3 (ShipCLIP 4.3) or later, Combat Logistics Force Module (CLF), Relational Supply (R-Supply), (AS class ships) Electronic Retrograde Management System (eRMS/NITA), Streamlined Alternative Logistics Transaction System (SALTS), Integrated Supply Information System (ISIS), One Touch, FedMall, Navy Logistics Library (NLL), FORMS, GSA Advantage, LogiQuest, Hazardous Materials Information Resource System (HMIRS)and Hazardous Inventory Control System-Windows Based (HICSWIN) (AS and LCC class ships).
Ensure continuing application of, and compliance with EEO laws, regulations and policies.
Everything in this Position Description is considered to be an essential function of this position. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Must be a United States citizen of at least 18 years of age and possess and maintain a valid:
1. U.S. Passport with a minimum of seven (7) months
remaining of expiration date.
2. Transportation Workers Identification Card and/or Department of defense (DOD) Common Access Card (CAC) with a minimum of ten (10) months remaining from expiration date.
3. United States Coast Guard (USCG) Merchant Mariner’s Credential (MMC)endorsed: Ordinary Seaman, Wiper, Stewards Department (FH) with a minimum of ten (10) months remaining of expiration date.
4. Must have one of the following:
a. One year documented experience (*) as permanent Assistant Storekeeper or temporary Yeoman Storekeeper.
b. Military experience in a SK or LS rating (E-5 or above).
c. Equivalent documented experience (*) obtained in other Government, Uniformed, or Merchant Marine Service.
d. Degree completion of course work related to International Business and Logistics, Global Supply Chain Management, International Maritime Business, Maritime Administration, International Transportation, Trade and Management, Global Studies and Maritime Affairs, or Logistics and Intermodal Transportation.
(*)Documented Experience must be on official letter head, form, or evaluation from current or previous employer that describes experience related to these duties. Document must include company name, applicant’s name, and name with signature of company/agency official.
Evaluation Criteria: Applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements described above will be further evaluated. Documented knowledge, skills, and abilities, education, training, and awards contained in the application package and resume will be reviewed and rated to determine the degree to which applicants possess the required knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below that are essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position for which applications are being considered.
1. Knowledge of the policies/procedures relative to afloat Supply Department operations.
2. Knowledge of Inventory Management.
3. Knowledge and use of Supply automated programs.
Conditions of Employment 1. CIVMAR positions are subject to drug urinalysis testing.
2. Able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility and assignment to a sensitive position.
3. Able to successfully pass the physical examinations (arranged by MSC) and maintain MSC medical, dental, and mental requirements. Participate in vaccine immunization; including a tuberculosis (TB) screening test is also required. TB screening is not provided at the MSC-arranged medical examination, but can usually be obtained from your personal medical provider or free at any local public health clinic. If you have previously had a positive TB skin test (i.e. a CONVERTER or REACTOR), another skin test is not required. You must instead provide the medical department written proof that you have completed treatment with medicine (i.e. INH), or that you have started treatment with medicine, or that such treatment is not warranted as determined by competent medical authority.
4. Attend and successfully complete all mandatory training courses, including personal survival, which requires the ability to float in the water for a minimum of sixty (60) seconds.
5. Be ready, willing, and able to physically perform the duties of this position worldwide at all times.
6. Be ready, willing, and able to work in a shipboard environment and wear protective equipment worldwide at all times.
7. Entry-level positions require candidates to pass an English language competency test.
8. Participate in direct deposit/electronic funds transfer as the standard method of payroll payments.
9. Capable of speaking, understanding, reading and writing the English language.
a. The tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to report to any of the scheduled appointments, fails the physical examination, fails the language competency test, fails the drug test, fails to disclose employment information, fails to report to new employee orientation, or is unable to obtain a security clearance.
b. On a case-by-case basis, an applicant who accepts a tentative offer of employment will be required to provide a VA Rating Decisions and/or Office of Worker’s Compensation Program (OWCP) Scheduled Awards.