- $32,703 - $51,904
- Full Time
- Entry level
What You Bring
- Positive energy.
- Experience using an HR Information system, such as BEACON.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Word & Excel.
- Working knowledge and application of Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Experience working with recruitment initiatives and verifying pre-employment documents.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://bit.ly/3fLAmMP by February 1, 2022 at Midnight EST to be considered.NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.The ChallengeWe're looking for a Human Resources Technician to join our team at our new NC Ferry team in our Mann's Harbor shipyard.In this role, you will:
Education & Experience
- Serve as the NCDOT Ferry Division's HR Professional and Recruiting Coordinator.
- Oversee all aspects of NCDOT Ferry Division Human Resources needs.
- Initiate all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotions, reallocations, separations and leaves of absence in NCDOT's web-based database (HRIS system/BEACON).
- Create job posting for all permanent Ferry positions in NCDOT's web-based applicant tracking system (NeoGov).
- Maintain and manage personnel performance management and enter yearly performance metric ratings.
- Manage personnel records retention, archival, and disposal activities.
- Supervise and review the work of 3 administrative staff.
- Assign work, train, and coach other employees.
Questions?Call me: Harold Thomas at 252.269.7810Connect to NCDOT Careers onJoin NCDOT Ferry https://bit.ly/JoinNCDOTFerryView all NCDOT Ferry Jobs at https://bit.ly/NCDOTFerryJobsView all NCDOT jobs at https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
- Associate's degree in in Human Resources or a related field, or
- High School/GED diploma and 2+ years of HR experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.