Aker Solutions to Acquire Majority Stake in Brazil's C.S.E.

Aker Solutions agreed to buy 70 percent of Brazilian C.S.E. Mecânica e Instrumentação Ltda, with an option to purchase the remaining 30 percent of the company three years after the expected close of the transaction by the end of the first quarter of 2017. The acquisition gives Aker Solutions access to Brazil's market for servicing existing oil and gas fields. C.S.E., which had revenue of BRL 322 million in 2015, provides maintenance, assembly, commissioning and crane operation services at offshore and onshore facilities. "Aker Solutions has established a solid

Official Naming Ceremony of KAS III Photo Bumi Armada

Armada Sterling III FPSO Named

In December 2014, Bumi Armada Berhad through its wholly-owned subsidiary Bumi Armada Offshore Holdings Limited (BAOHL), together with its joint venture company, PT Armada Gema Nusantara (PT AGN) were awarded a contract to supply one floating, production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) for the Madura BD Field, approximately 65 km east of Surabaya and about 16km south of Madura Island, offshore Indonesia issued by Husky-CNOOC Madura Limited (HCML). The contract is for a fixed charter of ten years and five additional annual options.   “Armada Sterling III FPSO, is a unique project as

ECA, Vestdavit to Jointly Develop LARS for Unmanned Systems

On the occasion of Euronaval, ECA and Vestdavit have signed a cooperation agreement to develop the next generation of launch and recovery systems (LAR) for unmanned maritime systems (UMS).   The use of UMS, remotely operated vehicles (ROV), autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) as well as unmanned surface vehicles (USV) by navies but also by oil and gas, scientific and other customers, requires their operation from various types of ships, even in high sea states. In addition, when a combination of different types of vehicles are used from the same vessel, they need to be managed, stored and

EMO DOMINO-7 Mk-2 fiber optic multiplexer system (Image: MAcArtney)

MacArtney Supplies EMO Mux Systems to Unique System

The newly established MacArtney Canada office has delivered EMO multiplexer systems designed to offer up to 2,000 watts of DC power distribution for Unique System LLC (USA), a Unique Maritime Group company and integrator of turnkey subsea and offshore solution providers based in New Iberia, La. and Houston.   Unique System, which specializes in the supply of equipment for sale and rental to the diving and offshore industries in the Gulf of Mexico region, has taken delivery of two EMO DOMINO-7 Mk-2 fiber optic multiplexer systems at its Houston branch, joining the company’s ROV rental pool

Teledyne RESON T50-R Ultrahigh resolution Multibeam Echosounder with fully integrated Inertial Navigation System (Image: Seafloor Systems)

Seafloor Systems Inks Distribution Deal with Teledyne

Seafloor Systems has signed an International Distributorship Agreement with Teledyne RESON and Teledyne BlueVew, business units of Teledyne Instruments, Inc.   BlueView manufactures a variety of underwater surveying systems, including M900-2250 2D and 3D imaging sonars, and BV5000 3D Multibeam inspection sonars. RESON manufactures the SeaBat Multibeam Sonar systems, including the new SeaBat T-series (SeaBat T50-P, T20-P, and new T50-R, T20-R).   Seafloor Systems provides and supports customized integrated turnkey sonar solutions, both sales and rentals. In addition, the company recently

Marine Technology Magazine Cover Oct 2016 - AUV Operations

Marine Technology Reporter is the world's largest audited subsea industry publication serving the offshore energy, subsea defense and scientific communities.

Marine Technology ENews subscription

Marine Technology ENews is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

Subscribe for MTR E-news