- oil spill detection
- Ocean/ Marine Services-Security
- autonomous sensor systems
Columbus OH 43201
Battelle, the world’s largest independent research and development organization, is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 1929, Battelle operates in three broad areas: National Security; Energy, Health and Environment; and Laboratory Management. It offers a full service line of products and system development to enhance the efficiency and affordability of maritime operations. We provide engineering solutions and systems for maritime and underwater applications. Our high-speed data communicators, oil spill detection and tracking systems, and autonomous sensor systems are just some of the maritime technologies that will help provide safe, accurate exploration and monitoring in harsh environments.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Battelle, Bluefin Robotics, manufactures unmanned undersea vehicles (UUVs) that provide increased endurance and large payload while reducing risk to operators.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 614-424-7208
- Web: http://www.battelle.org
• Submersibles: Our strengths are technology development and fielding customized systems. We leverage extensive experience in engineering undersea vehicles and subcomponents to offer nearly limitless possibilities for undersea vehicles, including greater depth, larger battery size or any number of specialized reconfigurations. The advanced capabilities of our Proteus Dual-Mode Undersea Vehicle platform also enable increased autonomy and endurance for longer and more complex missions. • Mission Persistence: Battelle’s UUV Docking and Recharging Station (UDRS) keeps submersibles at depth longer and reduces turnaround time to extend underwater mission performance for safer, more efficient and more discreet operations. • Reduced Total Ownership Cost: Our systems are designed and built for long-term use, low maintenance and cost-efficient deployment. Battelle keeps costs down by providing technology refreshment throughout a system’s lifecycle and extending system maintenance cycles to maximize long-term investments and reduce total ownership cost of maritime technologies. • Ocean Sensors: Battelle designs, manufactures, produces and distributes ocean sensors for a variety of commercial and military applications. Sensors such as Battelle’s Seaology® pCO2monitoring system have been used by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) since 2009 to support its Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS) and measure CO2 in maritime environments.