Klein Marine Systems, Inc.
- Sonar & Systems
- Science & Research-Bathymetric Survey
- Safety & Security-Target Acquisition & Recognition
Salem United States
Salem New Hampshire 03079
- Fax: +1 6038938807
Salem United States
Salem New Hampshire 03079
- Fax: +1 6038938807
Klein Marine Systems, Inc. a subsidiary of MIND Technology, Inc. has over 50 years of experience with the development and manufacture of high performance sonar products including side scan and bathymetry systems and maritime surveillance and security solutions. Our side scan sonar systems are respected as the standard of excellence in the industry and are deployed by Governments, Navies, Port Authorities, surveyors, oil companies and universities worldwide.
The System 5900 Multi-Beam Side Scan Sonar represents Klein’s advanced multi-function sonar platform and includes high resolution multi-beam side scan sonar, swath bathymetry sonar, gap filler sonar, and integrated tow body sensor and subsystems. The sonar employs advanced signal processing techniques and superior acoustic design to improve overall along track target resolution.
The UUV 3500 side scan and bathymetry sonar is a flexible payload designed to support a broad base of manned and unmanned marine vehicles in numerous off-the-shelf configurations. Depth rated from 600 to 6000 meters, the UUV 3500 utilizes Klein's proprietary CHIRP wideband technology for unmatched range and resolution delivering superior performance.
The Klein System 4900 is a versatile Side Scan Sonar that can be used for many different survey and recovery applications. The high-fidelity, high-definition imaging abilities and the portability of the System 4900 make it an ideal tool for Search & Recovery (SAR) missions.
More recently, Klein introduced the industry’s first integrated single beam side scan and gap filler sonar. MA-X VIEW 600 side scan sonar delivers unprecedented focused 600kHz imagery at an optimum range of 50 meters per side with capability of reaching 120 meters per side. MA-X Technology (Patent Pending) provides imaging of the nadir zone (gap) with the same interpretive characteristics of side scan sonar improving survey times by approximately 40%. This means 40% less survey time at sea, 40% less fuel consumption and a higher probability to complete the survey in a window of good weather!
Klein Marine Systems also introduced the first Nadir Imaging Sonar for AUV/ROV vehicle manufacturers in an innovative, stand-alone nose cone configuration. The µMA-X is a highly scalable modular component which integrates its custom fit nose cone easily to the current AUV/ROV vehicles. The µMA-X is powered by the Klein BLUE technology providing superior imaging performance with the same interpretation characteristics equal to Side Scan Sonar. The µMA-X can be scaled to accommodate both larger or smaller diameter vehicles. The Klein µMA-X when paired with Side Scan Sonar will provide a 40% increase in survey efficiency, provide complete NADIR coverage and is compatible with ATR systems. The Klein µMA-X delivers efficiencies in survey time, reduced power consumption in a compact, low-power and neutrally buoyant modular system. The µMA-X is easily integrated into any vehicle and includes an Internal Motion Sensor which eliminates the requirement to integrate to the vehicle sensor, providing redundancy. The system uses the vehicle data input via the Ethernet with a simple, non proprietary NMEA data link with the vehicle.
• Klein MA-X View 600 - Klein Marine Systems introduces the industry’s first integrated single beam side scan and gap filler sonar. MA-X VIEW 600 side scan sonar delivers unprecedented focused 600kHz imagery at an optimum range of 50 meters per side with capability of reaching 120 meters per side. MA-X Technology (Patent Pending) provides imaging of the nadir zone (gap) with the same interpretive characteristics of side scan sonar improving survey times by approximately 40%. This means 40% less survey time at sea, 40% less fuel consumption and a higher probability to complete the survey in a window of good weather!
• Klein µMA-X - Klein Marine Systems is pleased to offer the first Nadir Imaging Sonar for both the commercial and military unmanned vehicle markets. The μMA-X is a highly scalable, modular system which integrates easily to most AUV/ROV vehicles. The system utilizes Klein’s next generation µEngine which is a robust, compact, low-power architecture which uses Klein BLUE technology to provide superior imaging performance. Traditional side scan sonar systems suffer from a nadir gap in the center of the image directly under the path of the vehicle. The µMA-X system fills that gap and, when paired with conventional side scan, eliminates the need for overlapping survey lines to achieve 100% coverage. For AUV’s, this translates into extended mission durations, or shorter times to cover the same area. The key discriminator of the µMA-X is the ability to produce high-quality imagery of the nadir area that is comparable to the traditional side scan imagery. This allows for the data acquired by the system to be fed directly into existing Automatic Target Recognition (ATR) software allowing for automated detection and recognition of targets of interest.
• Klein System 4900 Search and Recovery Sonar - The Klein System 4900 is a versatile Side Scan Sonar that can be used for many different survey, search and recovery applications. The high fidelity, high-definition imaging abilities and the portability of the System 4900 make it an ideal tool for Search and Recovery (SAR) missions while its rugged construction, selectable frequencies and 300 m operational depth rating provide superb capabilities for the coastal survey and security communities. The System 4900 employs both a user selectable CW pulse transmission mode and advanced broadband CHIRP signal processing technology which, when coupled with Klein’s proprietary despeckling algorithms, provide extraordinary long range, high resolution seafloor images.
• SYSTEM 4000 Powered by Klein BLUE TECHNOLOGY SIMULTANEOUS – DUAL FREQUENCY - MULTI-PURPOSE - SHALLOW OR DEEP WATER - Klein’s next generation Single Beam Side Scan Sonar is purpose built to meet the demanding requirements for long range’s, deep-water operations and optimized shallow water performance. Condensing our 50 years of design knowledge into a system that combines Klein’s iconic imaging with unprecedented towing options and range performance for unsurpassed search and survey efficiency. Klein BLUE TECHNOLOGY ™ represents innovations in transducer, signal conditioning and processing design producing unmatched image quality and range performance. These enhancements also allow for motion tolerant performance in heavy sea states where vessel motion impacts tow fish stability. Klein BLUE design optimization achieves a new level of acoustic performance for our workhorse Klein 4000 System.
• UUV-3500 SIDE SCAN / BATHYMETRY SONAR SYSTEM HIGH-RESOLUTION SIDE SCAN SONAR FOR UNMANNED UNDERWATER VEHICLES (UUV’S) - For over 50 years, Klein has “set the bar” for commercial side scan sonar performance. The UUV-3500 product line leverages a powerful, wholly FPGA-implemented, multi-channel processing engine. The sonar engine simultaneously optimizes two different and concurrent output data streams for: • Photo-quality side scan imagery • High-accuracy, co-registered swath bathymetry The UUV-3500 operates exclusively with Klein’s proprietary wideband technology providing unmatched side scan range and resolution performance in a low-power, compact and lightweight payload. The swath bathymetry option allows for wide swath performance which is typically 10 to 12 times the overall altitude of the UUV and thereby significantly greater coverage than can be achieved by a multi-beam echo-sounder.