- Category :
- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Full Time
- Mid Career
Our Company is searching for qualified candidates for the position of Mate aboard our US flagged self-unloading vessels.Responsibilities· Safely manning a Navigation Watch· Supervising the Maintenance and upkeep of the hull, decks and superstructure of the vessel· Responsible for the safe loading, unloading of cargo· Ensuring that vessel lifesaving and firefighting equipment is properly maintained· Supervising and directing the vessels Deck Department, including the ordering of Deck Supplies
· Other duties assigned by the Vessel Master
Applicant must be willing to work towards their First Class Pilotage for the waters of the Great Lake
Why Choose Grand River Navigation?
At time of posting we have immediate deck officer openings, but candidates may be required to work as an Able Seaman Wheelsman until a Deck Officer position is available.
- As an employee you are part of the Rand Logistics family where Teamwork and safety are a core value
- Highly competitive wages and benefits
- The best leave system in the industry
- We pay for your travel to and from the vessel
- Excellent Health and Retirement Benefits
- Excellent safety record