MTR100: Saab Seaeye
Technologically, the Saab Seaeye vehicle range comes in various sizes, power and tasking options that extend from compact systems to work systems. They extend from tethered and autonomous to remote resident systems. Seaeye has sold more than 850 ROVs, fitted with an array of standard and custom designed tooling and sensors that includes cameras, manipulators, survey sensors, cutters, tracking systems, sonars, torque tools and water jetting tools. The company also designs and manufactures a range of ROV handling devices including Tether Management Systems. Seaeye has pioneered many innovations within the ROV industry, such as brushless DC thrusters, polypropylene chassis, carbon fiber pressure vessels, distributed intelligence control system, fault-tolerant systems with self-diagnostics and high frequency power distribution. The breadth of capability in the range offers a system suitable for a wide range of tasks. These include observation and inspection, diver support, search and rescue, survey and remote monitoring, salvage support, light construction, drill support, deep tunnel penetration and dam inspection and defense/paramilitary operations.
- Falcon – Portable system for easy deployment. Distributed control system. Five thrusters. Rated 300 and 1,000m.
- Tiger - Industry standard inspection and observation system. Five thrusters. Rated 1,000m.
- Lynx - Larger than the Tiger with additional outlets for survey sensors. Six thrusters. Rated 1500m.
- Cougar XT - Powerful observation and light work system. Six thrusters. Rated 2,000m.
- Cougar XT Compact – Low profile version for strong currents. Six thrusters. Rated 300m.
- Jaugar XTi – iCON control system. Six thrusters. Rated 3000m.
- Panther XT – Light Work and Survey system. Six thrusters. Rated 1500m.
- Panther XT Plus – Powerful fast swimming version. Ten thrusters. Rated 1000m
- Leopard – Compact, powerful, work class system. iCON control. Eleven thrusters. Rated 3000m plus.
- Jaguar - Largest work ROV. iCON control system. Eight thrusters. Rated 3,000m plus.
- Sabertooth – Autonomous, hovering, long range AUV/ROV hybrid for inspection and light work tasks.
- HyBIS – Deepsea suspended observation and deployment/recovery system suitable for deepwater sampling. Rated 6,000m.