Deep Ocean Engineering Debuts the Phantom L6 ROV
San Jose, Calif. based Deep Ocean Engineering, Inc. has introduced its newest addition to the Phantom series of inspection-class remotely operated vehicles (ROV), the Phantom L6.
“The PhantomL6 is our latest entry into the 500m inspection class ROV arena. It comes equipped with active roll stabilization and heading gyro stabilization, allowing the pilot to control with precision, while minimizing exhausting, repetitive movement. As with other Phantom series ROVs, we offer an open-frame architecture for easier mechanical integration, and dedicated expansion bulkhead connectors are provided as standard,” said John Bergman, Deep Ocean Engineering, Vice President of Engineering. “Its six enhanced Tecnadyne thrusters provide sufficient power to raise the ROV out of areas that could otherwise trap a smaller ROV.”
The PhantomL6 is engineered for a broad spectrum of industries, including;
- Infrastructure Inspections - Bridges, Tunnels, Pipelines, Ships
- Hydroelectric System Monitoring - Power Plants, Dams, Reservoirs
- Homeland Security – Law Enforcement, Military
- Exploration - Oil and Gas, Salvage, Search and Recovery
- Active roll stabilization.
- Advanced dynamic rolling maneuvers.
- 110 pounds vertical lifting force.
- Motion eliminating cleats available.
- Extreme payload capacity.
- Diverse sonar integration options.
- Five DOF maneuverability.
- Easily reconfigurable and customizable.
- 18,000 lumens high output illumination.