Second MacArtney TRIAXUS ROTV for RV Investigator
MacArtney said it has recently supplied a second TRIAXUS ROTV system for use on the RV Investigator. This TRIAXUS E version features an even higher payload capacity and enables the installation of a wide range of sensors targeted to the specific needs of oceanographic research.
The scope of supply from MacArtney in this case included:
- The TRIAXUS extended E version
- The Sea-Bird SBE 911 Conductivity, Temperature and Depth Instrument (CTD)
- A Transmissometer to determine the excitation of the water medium to gauge clarity at ranging ocean depths
- A Fluorometer to measure the parameters of Chlorophyll a to provide data on concentrations of algae in the water column
- A PAR Sensor or Photosynthetically Active Radiation sensor to determine photon energy available for the photosynthesis processes in the water column
Custom sensor packages supported by the NEXUS fiber optic multiplexer and MMI (Man Machine Interface) mean the TRIAXUS can be programmed topside to perform various functions and undulations whilst being towed. Fiber optic umbilical cabling allows for the feedback of data in real time. Specially developed for this high-speed oceanographic data acquisition work the TRIAXUS provides a versatile and seamless system.